Our library of Pediatric Dental Topics is provided by Pediatric Dental Specialist, Dr. Stephen P Girdlestone, a board certified pediatric dentist. Dental topics in our library include information on dental care for infants and children, dental sedation and pediatric dental emergencies.
Infant's Dental Topics
- Although they don't last as long as permanent teeth, your child's first teeth play an important role in his or her development.
- Your child's primary teeth are shed at various times throughout childhood. Permanent teeth begin erupting at age six, and continue until age 21. Adults have 28 permanent teeth (32, including wisdom teeth).
Children's Dental Topics
- Dental caries (cavities) in children are caused by germs (bacteria) that spread within families. These germs produce acids from sugar that erode the teeth.
- Choosing the Best Toothpaste for Children
- Eating Healthy to Promote Strong Teeth in Children
- Dental Sealant Prevent Cavities in Children
- Dental Fluoride Treatments
- Gum disease or gingivitis is an infection of the gums as a result of poor dental hygiene. Catching it early in children is important to prevent permanent tooth damage. Your child should have regular dental visits with Dr. Girdlestone starting at age 1. Read more about the symptoms and signs of gum disease (gingivitis) in children.
Dental Sedation and Safety
Dr. Girdlestone's office provides dental sedation for children during dental surgery to reduce anxiety, improve cooperation and to remove the dental disease process to prevent further dental or medical complications.
Dental Emergencies in Children
Dr. Girdlestone treats pediatric dental emergencies in infants, children and teenagers by calling our office at 330-491-7777 for urgent treatment.
Recalls and Alerts
Keep up with the latest health recalls and alerts in medicine and food.